The Arts field is full of blooms & shades that always fascinate children of all ages. Advancements in tools & increasing scope of arts make it more favorable for the children especially for those who are having a craze of it. Numerous methodologies & tools making this field more & more convenient & easier to study.
The use of tools like cutters being used in arts either by teachers, professionals, experts along with aspiring souls always been a point of thoughtfulness. Using of best tools in terms of cutters results in admiring outcomes that further develops the interest of the children.
Articulated below are the best 10 cutters which can be frequently used by faculty, professionals & experts.
1: Swing line Paper Trimmer
- Brand: Swing line
- Manufacturer: ACCO Brands
- Item Weight: 3.9 pounds
- Product Dimensions: 21.7 x 14 x 2.5 inches
- Color: Beige
- Material Type: Stainless Steel
- Size: 15″ Cut Length
- Easy to use trimmer: With sharp guillotine blades and a practical line grid, the lite trimmer is easy to use. It’s also light enough for easy transport, built from a robust plastic base.
- 15” CUTTING LENGTH: For most common cutting tasks, this same 15-inch cutting length makes it a free plan. Great for businesses and personal use.
- CUTS 10 SHEETS: This clean little trimmer is excellent for regular use and can cut up cleanly to 10 sheets a day through paper, photos, and more.
- BUILT TO LAST: The swing line has a limited 10-year guarantee behind this high-quality trimmer.
Our Opinion: This paper cutter is great. It was one of my son’s first-grade teachers that I discovered. In the teacher’s workroom, I tried to cut card stock by one of the incredibly heavy sheets of paper, but halfway down I would hesitate.
It was horrible. She came in and offered to let me use her sewing line cutter of 12 inches. I purchased the 15-inch one so fine. For a variety of stuff, I used it. This weight is super light. This one has to be if you’re going to cut several paper tasks.
2: Fiskars Recycled Bypass Trimmer
- Size: 1 PACK
- Product Dimensions: 14.1 x 20.1 x 2.6 inches
- Item Weight: 3.24 pounds
- Manufacturer: Cell Distributors
- Color: Black &Gray
- Heavy usage: This cutter is ideal for heavy applications like fliers, handbags, invites & many more.
- Trimmer base: The base of the trimmer is made up of 100% post-consumer resin recycling.
- Accuracy: Printed dimension and grid detail allow customers to align projects accurately before cutting.
- Blades: The blades are self-sharpening that cannot be replaced because of their sharpness.
Our Opinion: A great cutter that I have been using this every day for nearly a year now and it has definitely done better than anything we tried before. Well finished, strong and did not need a sharpening after 12 months of daily use!!! Anything that tells! Will recommend a cutter like this to everyone.
3: Commercial Grade Square Guillotine Trimmer
- Material: Wood
- Frame Material: Wood
- Brand: X-Acto
- Shape: Square
- Item Dimensions: 35.43 x 6.29 x 28.54 inches
- Manufacturer: Elmer’s
- Item Weight: 1 pounds
- Color: Brown
- Size: 24 In x 24 In
- Product Packaging: Standard Packaging
- Stable cutting: It has a heavy wood base which helps the users to cut easily & handle the tool with much care.
- Perpetual Edge: The self-sharpening system keeps the blade sharp which helps in fine outcome of the cuttings.
- Cutting: This cutter can bear the heavy size of sheets cutting approximately up to the number of 20 sheets at a time.
- Safety guard and latch: The cutter is safer to use & it is durable too having 3/4 inch thick solid wood base.
Our Opinion: This is perfect for foam board cutting. The first cut was not accurate, it takes a little time to get used to it. But I got the hang of it after a few tries. I highly suggest to all in the industry a sharp and durable blade and Precision is the most important thing.
4: Heavy Duty Guillotine Paper Cutter
- Manufacturer: HFS
- Brand: HFS
- Item Weight: 35.9 pounds
- Product Dimensions: 24 x 17 x 10 inches
- Size: 12” paper cutter
- Maximum Cutting Width: 12″
- Convenience Built-In: The moving clutch allows numerous stacks of a single length to be cut easily. Tighten the fence and use it as a back-stop if applicable.
- Safety First: If used improperly, it can cause serious harm. Keep in mind while using that there are safety pin mechanism that are for safety. Keeps the arm “up” so that you are able to cut with less damage.
- Maximum Cutting Capacity: The maximum cutting capacity by this cutter can goes up to the 400 Sheets at a single time (for 2.85oz Letter Paper).
- Ready to use: The cutter when taken out from the box is already assembled & ready to use. No need to assemble the scattered parts before use.
Our Opinion: I have used several guillotines that swing from one end i.e. scissors like cuts. Very simple to use, sharp, stable and well-constructed. Cleanly, effortlessly, I can easily cut through 200 boards. My only minor complaint is that when it was shipped, I had to wipe it down before using the blade, because it left black marks on my first few sheets. I did not know.
5: MARIGOLD Paper Cutter
- Manufacturer: MARIGOLD TECHNOLOGY INC.
- Brand: MARIGOLD
- Item Weight: 2.96 pounds
- Package Dimensions: 17.1 x 13.7 x 3.2 inches
- Cutting length: 12”
- Cutting capacity: This cutter can up to 10 sheets of 20lb paper or 1 sheet of 10mil laminating Pouch with clean and neat cut.
- Protective guard plate: This cutter can easily maintains photographs for fingerprint consistency cuts.
- Safety lock: There is a blade locker that is meant for safe transporting and storage.
- Patented 2 in 1 design: The cutter has a creative style of an integrated corner blade.
Our Opinion: For over one year, I’ve been hunting for a 12-inch complete trimmer. At a decent price I caught this one and caught up with it. Its great light, but very robust. It is clearly labelled and can be used very quickly. I am a card maker and with this trimmer I still find fine, even, precise cuts. It’s exactly what I was looking for at an excellent rate.
6: CARL Heavy Duty Rotary Paper Trimmer
- Manufacturer: CARL MFG USA, Inc.
- Brand: Carl
- Item Weight: 5.78 pounds
- Product Dimensions: 19.25 x 14.25 x 3.5 inches
- Color: Black/Silver
- Material Type: Steel and Plastic
- Size: 12-Inch
- Heavy duty: The cutter can cuts up to the 36 sheets at a single having a standard size of 20 pound paper.
- Patented locking rail: The unique locking mechanism holds the paper securely in place, while the premium carbide sheet guarantees a precise cut.
- Lifetime: It has a specified time period of usage & a minimum warranty excluding the blades & cutting mat.
- Storage parts: There’s an additional handy cap for the surplus blades & cutting mats.
Our Opinion: The cutter is worth the expense. I’m using it to remove my planner’s inserts. In one stack, I can make a whole insert. It is incredibly solid and includes your pages. After several other cutters I wish I had noticed this long ago that could never even get a sheet cut smoothly and uniformly.
7: Fiskars Precision Rotary Bypass Trimmer
- Manufacturer: Fiskars School, Office and Craft Division
- Brand: Fiskars
- Item Weight: 6.4 pounds
- Product Dimensions: 5 x 19.9 x 9.25 inches
- Color: Orange
- Material Type: Plastic/Metal
- Size: 12-Inch
- Dual-rail system: This cutter has a double-rail system which helps to remove blade move upside down for uniform & shorter cuts.
- Rotary bypass blade: The circular bypass blade remains sharp so there is no need to replace the blade every time for perfect outcomes.
- Grid line measurements: There are certain measurements on the top of the cutter having a grid line that let all sort of user’s i-e left & right handed people to use it effectively.
- Applicable: The cutter is much useful for all sorts of media projects.
Our Opinion: It is costly trimming, but I must admit that every penny is worth it. I’m now able to cut correctly! I don’t have to spend on new blades because the trimmer is a ‘bypass’ and it’s sharp. This means saving on a blunt blade which has not to be replaced. Simple to use, transparent and without the extension absolutely applicable measurements. Clean and solid look.
8: CARL Green Friendly, Professional Rotary Paper Trimmer
- Manufacturer: CARL MFG USA, Inc.
- Brand: CARL BRANDS
- Item Weight: 0.24 ounces
- Product Dimensions: 15.5 x 10.5 x 3 inches
- Color: Black and Silver
- Material Type: Steel and Plastic
- Size: 12-inch
- Metal base: Having a metal base makes its use favorable if the user has to cut several times.
- Stainless steel: The steel which is used in this cutter is stainless having no touch safety. The cutter can cut standard paper, card stock along with plastic sheets.
- Light weight: The cutter is easy to handle because it has weight which can be easily bearable by an ordinary person too.
- Giftable: Such tools can be a finest gift to the professionals & experts. They can utilize their leisure time in meaningful means.
Our Opinion: Works well to cut 24-page newsletter by folding 6 11×17 sheets printed 2 pages of paper. The cut is made in 12 sheets with 28 livers of paper. Excellent low cost production performance. Extremely advisable.
9: Fiskars Sure Cut Deluxe Craft Paper Trimmer
- Manufacturer: FISKARS
- Brand: Fiskars
- Item Weight: 1.2 pounds
- Product Dimensions: 17.88 x 10.25 x 1.5 inches
- Material Type: Paper
- Size: 1.44×10.31×18.06
- Widest base: The cutter has a widest base having an approximate size of (6 1/4inch) that makes its use easier for the user while cutting multiple times.
- Cut wire cut-line: This feature helps the user to see that where the blade will going to cut if its accuracy will not going to match.
- Triple Track System: Patented triple track system for clear and consistent, never crooked cuts between the blades and tracks.
- Warranty: This cutter has a lifetime warranty which makes it’s the much comfortable tool for the artists, professionals & experts.
Our Opinion: I cut a lot of paper and I mean a lot of paper and it’s still sharp. I make these odd robots and other crystals of paper and use a lot of Fiskar items and about that I cannot talk well enough. This guide to metal line on this is the best thing. Yeah, but I think it’s fantastic and a great shopping cart and my is very well made.
10: Jielisi A4 Automatic Safeguard Guillotine Trimmer
- Manufacturer: JLS
- Brand: Jielisi
- Item Weight: 8.8 ounces
- Product Dimensions: 15 x 6.3 x 1.2 inches
- Color: 909-5
- Cover Material: Paper
- Material Type: Plastic
- Size: A4
- Sheet Size: 12 Inches
- Lightweight & versatile: The cutter is versatile in the sense that it is light weight, sleek, portable & easy to use.
- Designed: It is designed in such a way that it cuts A2 A3 A4 A5 paper along with photos, labels, cards & many more arts stuff.
- Cutting: The trimmer can easily cut the ticker materials very keenly & moderately.
- Angle cutting: The cutter can maximum cut up to the 45-degree to 90-degree angle.
Our Opinion: It is totally fine and takes no big room, but cuts 12 x 12 card nicely. It also comes with a substitute blade, which extends the product’s life. After 18 months of heavy usage cut a tone of cards with the trimmer, the blade continues to go every day. Just a second purchased as a back-up. Simply use and purify, great value. After years spent money on much more expensive ones, I wouldn’t buy any other make.
Is there any cutter which goes well with the scrapbooking?
For scrapbooking, there are a range of paper cutters available. If you are looking for some specific recommendation, you can buy the A4 Style Paper Trimmer, Jielisi 12 inch Paper Trimmer.
Is it possible that cutter cuts the fabric?
The fabric cannot be cut by all types of paper cutters. Rotary paper cutters are capable of cutting various types of items, including papers. Therefore a rotating cutter will be required for you to cut your fabric straight.
Which paper cut cuts the maximum amount of papers?
This one hand down, the stack cutters win. Most pile paper cutters can cut 100 pages of paper in a swift blade pass.
Is it possible to re-shape the blades of cutters?
It relies on the cutter for paper. Guillotine stack cuts may need to sharpen their blades, but a new blade is recommended to avoid downtimes when the dull blade is refinement. Sometimes, rotary paper cutters have self-shaven blades, but they have to be adjusted once they are fully dull. Arm cuts can be sharpened, but blades can also be substituted.
Are cutters safe to use?
The safety precautions were implemented to avoid injuries by most cutters. If integrated safety protocols are not enforced, it can cause serious injury. Most cutters for adults are perfectly safe, adult supervision continues to be important when a child uses them.
For photographs, which cutter is best?
There are many paper cutters available for cutting images, but the most widely used paper cutter is the rotary cutter. Their stability and accuracy are responsible for this.